A revolutionary platform to accelerate the migration of legacy manual processes to improve the compliance and competitiveness of the financial services sector
Watch a two-minute summary video here
The Business problem
End users need the ability to generate business data for output, and flexibly model their dynamic business problems rapidly and effectively. The quickest and most flexible way to do this is to build applications outside of IT or business governance using familiar tools. This results in End-User Computing (EUC) artefacts, such as Excel spreadsheets, that over time can become complex, manual and error prone processes.
The Management Problem
Given the generation of EUC artefacts, organisations are tasked with governance and optimisation where they support key business processes. Options available are one or all of control, empower, or migrate.
EUC Governance is well covered by existing tooling from Cluster 7, for example. There is limited tooling available that empowers the business in a way that is approved of and managed by IT and helps migrate EUCs without increasing the divide between IT and the business.
Existing tools tend to empower IT, or the business in a way that makes collaboration and standardisation more difficult.
To request information about the Acutect product click here
Based on many years of consulting experience and input from our strategic partners, Kinaesis Acutect has been built from the ground up to enable you to:
- Migrate EUC estates efficiently and effectively: By automating large parts of an EUC migration and breaking up dependencies to handle the migration incrementally.
- Migrate Requirements: By Enabling rapid implementation of use cases in a strongly governed and transparent way that can be implemented rapidly in enterprise tools.
- Facilitate EUCs in a governed and controlled environment: Acutect bridges the gap between IT and business to enable IT and the business to collaborate on EUC solutions that can then be implemented more robustly in the future.
To bring IT and the business together, Acutect has been built to satisfy the needs of both sets of stakeholders.
Iterate fast: The business wants to iterate their solutions fast to handle new requirements, investigate data, or build management information.
Trusted data: They want to work with trusted data and be sure that the numbers they are using are accurate. They need to support solutions with their own data that may not be in the IT catalogue.
Understand the business processes better: They want to understand the use cases of the business more accurately to implement better solutions.
Trusted data: IT want the business to use the single source of the truth in a controlled and managed way from their sources. They want to empower the business to leverage the IT systems.
Transparency: They want transparency of the business processes to ensure compliance and usage of their data is in line with its purposes and their capabilities to deliver it.
EUC Lineage - Acutect provides tools to capture detailed data lineage and to track this over the migration process, as well as link to centralised sources of glossary and lineage information. Storing this over time, you can track the changes as you simplify and migrate your inventory to more efficient and lower risk processes.
EUC Dashboard - Our dashboards serve to keep you up to date with the migration effort, and to track and monitor the processing of your EUCs. The collaborative environment enables the business and IT to track progress jointly.
EUC Quality Control - By using AI/ML tools and techniques to measure data quality as well as tactically mastering the data into reliable sources. You can be confident in building a single version of the truth for the business and IT to collaborate around.
- Identification of potential datasets in data sources
- Generation of metadata to enable data shredding
- Flexible rules engine to match and transform data
- Processed data is standardised to the “single version of the truth” with data metrics tagged
- Measurement of data quality and comparison with benchmark values
- Workflow process to allow resolution of data and / or structural errors in the sources
Flexible scheduling to pick up and process EUCs based around business process to help with keeping the data in synch during migration.
- Glossary and data definitions
- AI/ML data quality measurements
- Open API for controlled access
- Track lineage and provenance
- Easily identify high risk areas with speed and have the ability to delve into details with a click.
- Monitor progress through time travel
A typical Kinaesis Acutect consulting engagement to deliver Acutect would incorporate the following elements: