Data is very valuable - and yet, it's often hard to find someone to step up and own it. We live in a moment in which the data analyst, the one who presents conclusions, is pre-eminent. It’s the upstream roles that own, steward, cleanse, define and provide data are currently less glamorous. In some ways this is a pity, because conclusions are only ever as reliable as the data that went into them.
DataOps addresses this challenge through the practice of “Collaborative Analytics” - analytics whose conclusions come from a collaboration between the analytics function and the other roles on which analytics depends. Collaborative Analytics (like everything else in the world) is about people, process and tools:
» People include the data owners, metadata providers, DataOps professionals and all the other roles whose actions affect the outputs of analytics. You have to also add into this the actual analysts and model owners themselves.
» Process includes an operating model that encourages collaboration between those roles and ensures that staff at different points in the analytics pipeline have the same understanding of terms, timestamps and quality.
» Tooling, in this case, is the easy part - any modern analytics tooling can provide sharing, annotation and metadata features that can make Collaborative Analytics a reality.
A fully DataOps-enabled pipeline would accompany analytics conclusions with metadata showing the people and processes behind those conclusions - all the way upstream to data origination.
That's a long way in the future. But what most institutions can do right now is ensure that data providers and data interpreters speak the same language.
Want to enhance your own DataOps knowledge? Want to learn how to use it to drive change across all departments? We mix our knowledge and consultancy experience to empower you. DataOps is a relatively new concept but learning it and the potential within it will give you a competitive edge.
We are launching our DataOps Courses, tailored for businesses looking to increase the real knowledge available to decision makers, deliver the user experience needed to drive value and to address sources of latency, risk and complexity in their data and analytics pipeline.
Our DataOps training will help you in the following areas:
• Regulatory Compliance: Address Regulatory compliance for BCBS 239, IFRS 9, CCAR, SFTR, GDPR, Dodd Frank MiFID II, Basel III / CRD, Solvency II, AIFMD.
• Optimised IT Estate: Migrate EUDAs, adopt a data-centric SLDC lifecycle, automate manual solutions, orchestrate your data pipeline to allow you to decommission legacy systems, provide a pragmatic and achievable path for Cloud/Hybrid migration.
• Reporting and Analytics Delivery: Solve data issues blocking the building of Reporting, Analytics, AI and Machine Learning solutions. Solve change bottlenecks through enablement of federated delivery and iterative adoption.
• Enterprise Wide Data Aggregation: Build enterprise views of core data such as Single Customer View without the dependency on building slow moving monolithic solutions. Maximise the value of your existing estate and enable clear path to simplification and consistency.
• Data Governance and Control: Build pervasive data management and governance capabilities as opposed to ‘one-off’ fixes, through embedded, efficient and sustainable capability. Govern and control your data lakes whilst maintaining project agility, combine the governance and lineage into the project process and architecture of the solution.
• Data Culture: Help employees understand how they can continually harness data to drive better decision-making and uncover untapped value.
2 hour workshop: walks you through the DataOps Methodology at a high level. Key takeaways: understand the six pillars of DataOps as a set of tools to measure your organisation’s maturity and plan for the future.
2-5 day course: complete with interactive exercises and case studies, the course is a definitive overview of all you need to know about DataOps. You can learn the trade secrets, pitfalls and most importantly how DataOps can benefit your progression and your organisation as a whole. This runs as either an introductory (2 day) or advanced (5 day) course depending on your level of maturity.
Provided by expert trainers with more than 60 years combined experience in delivering Data initiatives using our DataOps methodology. Not sure what DataOps is? Watch our video to understand why DataOps is increasingly growing in popularity:
If you are interested in talking more about how this can work for you, let me know if you would like to arrange a chat! If you are interested in seeing more content and tasters you can sign up for DataOps Course updates here.
For more information please click here.
Kinaesis have delivered our first DataOps Course for RiskCare, a financial services consultancy. Following on from our creation of the DataOps Thinktank, this new training course represents our latest contribution to the DataOps movement.
DataOps is a new comprehensive methodology for managing data pipelines and ensuring compliance, data quality and quick time to market for analytics.
The Kinaesis DataOps Course is an engaging, pragmatic toolkit, breaking down DataOps tooling and processes into pillars that each solve key data delivery challenge. Our course materials help enterprises to use DataOps to gain maximum value from the information they hold, taking full advantage of modern analytics while satisfying regulators, creating a culture of collaboration, improving control, helping delivery and reducing risk.
Sign up for DataOps Course updates here. Subscribe to be the first to have updates as to when the course is available and sneak previews of what is included!
We were delighted to receive great and helpful feedback and we would like to thank the team at RiskCare and for their expert comments and support. We look forward to taking it forward ahead of launching the course.